You are here: Home / News Reports / As a Rotherham grooming gang survivor, I want people to know about the religious extremism which inspired my abusers

Since 2014, my book Easy Meat has been the only attempt to explain why Islamic doctrine leads the Muslim grooming gangs to take the Kuffar girls as sex-slaves (just as Islamic State and Boko Haram take the Kuffar girls as sex-slaves). As I pointed out, the rapes are part of Jihad. And no-one but me has pointed out that the British PM said in 2015 that the grooming gangs were as a much of a threat as terrorists -- an idea that was promptly shelved once the election was over. Of course, this "Ella" has got no gratitude for the EDL and Tommy Robinson being the only reason the grooming gangs have stopped being thought of as "a racist myth" the way the BBC, the Left and Muslim organisations claimed for many years.

From: http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/rotherham-grooming-gang-sexual-abuse-muslim-islamist-racism-white-girls-religious-extremism-a8261831.html

I’m a Rotherham grooming gang survivor. I call myself a survivor because I’m still alive. I’m part of the UK’s largest ever child sexual abuse investigation.

As a teenager, I was taken to various houses and flats above takeaways in the north of England, to be beaten, tortured and raped over 100 times. I was called a “white slag” and “white c***” as they beat me.

They made it clear that because I was a non-Muslim, and not a virgin, and because I didn’t dress “modestly”, that they believed I deserved to be “punished”. They said I had to “obey” or be beaten.

Fear of being killed, and threats to my parents’ lives, made it impossible for me to escape for about a year. The police didn’t help me.

As I write this, it has been widely reported that a letter has been sent to Muslim groups around the country declaring a national “Punish a Muslim” day; elsewhere, the leaders of Britain First have been found guilty of religiously aggravated harassment.

In mainland Europe, conflict surrounding immigrants and refugees has been fuelled by stories of women being raped by migrants. People have been calling for violent attacks against “any Muslims” and have declared “war on Islam”.

Islamophobic online hate and personal attacks occur every day. In response, anti-fascist groups and the “far left” have carried out their own violent attacks on groups they perceive to comprise “white supremacists” or “Nazis”.

As someone who has experienced life inside a grooming gang, I can tell you with certainty that none of this is likely to make any difference to the behaviours of groomers. Like terrorists, they firmly believe that the crimes they carry out are justified by their religious beliefs.

If anything, rising anti-Muslim hate will probably make groomers stronger in their convictions, and drive ordinary young Muslim men towards fundamentalism, grooming gangs and terrorism. The camaraderie, protection, money, and kudos that these groups offer, makes them a strong pull for anyone. Worryingly, several young men I have spoken to joke that being a gangster and going to jail are their “life goals”.

However big or small the problem of grooming gang crime is, it is big enough to warrant national concern, not only because of the severity of crimes, but because of the degree of terror and threats to life involved. This really does devastate lives, families and communities. We don’t even talk about the non-survivors.

Experts say that grooming gangs are not the same as paedophile rings. It’s something that central Government really needs to understand in order to prevent more grooming gang crime in the future.

In November 2017, the Swedish government held a meeting where they stated that: “Sexual violence is being used as a tactic of terrorism”, and as such, it was recognised as a threat to Sweden’s national security.

The link between terrorism and rape undertaken by Islamist gangs was not being ignored. They called for counter-extremism education. This sounds like a balanced and intelligent governmental response to me.

Religious indoctrination is a big part of the process of getting young men involved in grooming gang crime. Religious ideas about purity, virginity, modesty and obedience are taken to the extreme until horrific abuse becomes the norm. It was taught to me as a concept of “othering”.

“Muslim girls are good and pure because they dress modestly, covering down to their ankles and wrists, and covering their crotch area. They stay virgins until marriage. They are our girls.

"White girls and non-Muslim girls are bad because you dress like slags. You show the curves of your bodies (showing the gap between your thighs means you’re asking for it) and therefore you’re immoral. White girls sleep with hundreds of men. You are the other girls. You are worthless and you deserve to be gang-raped.”

This hateful religious hypocrisy strikes people to their very core. But it’s far from unique. My main perpetrator quoted scriptures from the Quran to me as he beat me. However, almost identical scriptures (about the stoning to death of virgins who don’t scream when they are raped) can also be found in the Bible.

The problem isn’t the text itself; it’s how it’s fundamentally interpreted. In fact, there are many cases of Bible quotes being used to justify terrible human injustices, like the enslavement of people from Africa, antisemitism and violence towards LGBT+ people.

All the major world religions, including Hinduism and Buddhism, have also at some time been associated with extreme human rights abuses against men, women and children.

I experienced horrific, religiously sanctioned sexual violence and torture – so I definitely believe that we need to be aware of religious extremism as something potentially harmful, so that we can protect people from it.

But for Tommy Robinson and his followers to focus on an entire religion, based on the cruel interpretations of some scriptures by some people, is unhelpful, to say the least. Many of his religious theories and conjecture are not anything that I can relate to in my real life experiences.

Most grooming gang survivors I know absolutely condemn anti-Islamic hate, and we’re uncomfortable with English Defence League protests. We certainly don’t want random attacks on “all Muslims”. You can’t cure harm with more harm. Free-thinking men from Pakistani Muslim backgrounds, like Nazir Afzal, agree, and many deal with all of this incredibly graciously.

As a Rotherham grooming gang survivor, I am told that both child protection services and the prosecution of offenders is improving in most areas. But frustratingly, prevention hasn’t really begun.

I witnessed the ways young men are groomed to become perpetrators by older grooming gang members. It’s very similar to the tactics used in grooming for terrorism, with love-bombing, emotive language (“brother”, “cuz”, “blud”), and promises of wealth and fame, then humiliation, controlling with guilt and shame, training with weapons, and instilling hate and fear of outsiders.

Always, at the same time, they continue to convince these young men that they must find girls to be gang-raped too.

Grooming gang crime is upheld by religious extremism. Like Sweden, we must officially recognise this, and work to curb extremist preaching, teach religious counter-narratives, give gendered extremism education and deliver quality relationships education, while learning the lessons from Prevent and Channel. We need a careful, considered approach that is respectful of the human rights of everyone.

---------------------

As the above "news opinion" appears to be a piece of propaganda for progressivism/islam, I am includind the comments, most of which point out the same thing (it's clear the censors have already deleted some comments).

----------------------

57 Comments
Chelim Yrneh
2 minutes ago
I'm 99% certain this is a fictitious piece published for the purpose of subtly re-directing criminal sanctions against paedophile grooming perpetrators and re-categorizing the offences as "terrorism" which - paradoxically, in this topsy-turvy country - will be dealt with by "re-education" rather than lengthy custodial sentences which are otherwise mandatory
Franz Ferdinand
11 minutes ago
"Cruel interpretations of some scriptures by some people". No, these interpretations are dominant and other interpretations virtually do no exist in modern Islam. The article is one more piece of propaganda "against Islamophobia".
Stonky
1 hour ago
The Indy deserves great credit for ensuring that there is no overreaction to these scandals on the part of British riff-raff and extreme right-wingers.

Like its pal the Guardian, it has avoided any reporting at all on more than half of the cases that have so far come to court. No doubt they will both continue with this excellent appeasement and facilitation strategy.
Edgar Allen
1 hour ago
The Bible NEVER condones or approves of rape or violence. The violence in the Old Testament is DESCRIPTIVE of what happened, as opposed to the Koran, which PERMITS & APPROVES of this.  Muhammad APPROVED of Muslims raping captured non-Muslims women, joked and commented about coitus interruptus.
Here's a video of a Muslima professor at Al-Azhar University saying that sex with a captured prisoner of war, (in this case, Israel) is perfectly allowed. She's NOT an extremist.
Where are the Christian or Jewish religious figures who can justify what this Muslim academic does?
MartinS07764953
4 hours ago
However, almost identical scriptures (about the stoning to death of virgins who don’t scream when they are raped) can also be found in the Bible.

-- that's why there are so many Christian grooming gangs... oh wait, it's pretty much only Muslims.
John B Ellis
4 hours ago
I wrote this in response to another poster, only to find that the mods had deleted his/her post during the time that I was writing it. S/he wrote:'The Bible is full of horrible beliefs but the vast majority of Christians ignore those sections because they see them as contradicting the central message of Christian love and compassion.'

To which I'd say absolutely. Most Christians, past and present, value the Bible not as some immutable revelation of the divine will, but rather as a reflection the story of how believers have moved on over the centuries - or millennia - as they've gradually laid hold of the implications of the faith that they hold.

Particularly in the light of the teachings of Christ, who - in Christian belief - came to complete and fulfil 'the truth dimly shadowed' in the traditions preserved in the Old Testament.

Only protestant fundamentalist evangelicals - the Christian mirror image of the Muslim Taliban - view it as the literal words of the Almighty, in the way that mainstream Muslims appear to view the Qu'ran.
This comment is awaiting moderation
A. Wright-Burke
3 hours ago
'Pro-muslim'?
Firefly007
6 hours ago
!
!
Bravo for writing this article!!
I'm so sorry that you suffered such pain and horror. You sound such a decent person and so genuinely balanced and fair. I have so much respect for your views and your ability to apportion blame only to those that deserve it. I hope that those awful people that did this to you are in prison.
This comment is awaiting moderation
Thoughtcomet
5 hours ago
I see it absolutely contrary. What she is saying is that you cannot isolate the grooming of victims by Muslims from other forms of radicalization of young Muslims that ultimately lead to terrorism.
Nowhere does she try to paint the perpetrators in a good light, what she is trying to do is to put the crimes against herself into context.
This is something I would not have been able to do if I had experienced the same.
someone who used to be someone else
6 hours ago
I worked in a school in Bradford in the mid seventies.  Even then the muslim boys saw it as a badge of honour to sleep with as many white girls as they could.  So much the better if they got them pregnant as it proved their fertility and made them worth more in the marriage market.  They openly boasted and talked about it.
rosemary
5 hours ago
And did you do anything to discourage the white girls from associating with them?
Peterbuchan
5 hours ago
Hmm a white boy trying to make brown people stay away from white women..... There's only 1 villain in that narrative no matter how genuine or decent his motives
Peterbuchan
4 hours ago
Funnily enough I got threatened by a male Muslim Co-worker for talking to a Muslim girl we also worked with about her parents desire to get her married and her never getting to date first. Wasn't hitting on her because I was dating another girl we worked with who is now my wife. Legitimately was interested to learn her thoughts as a western born Muslim girl being put into a semi arranged marriage (she had veto). He decided I was truk v to corrupt a good Muslim girl by.... I dont know making her think?
A. Wright-Burke
3 hours ago
Pipe down Ray...
nighttrain123
7 hours ago
What a dishonest article.
Seemingly from an 'abuse survivor', it instead positions 'Islamophobia' as our main problem.
Either the Indy is stupid or it's aligned with this propaganda.
Izzyme
8 hours ago
Does anyone seriously believe this article was written by an "abuse survivor"?   She was abused by Muslim men and then immediately deflects attention by talking about the Bible? Seriously? How many Christian gangs are out there abusing young Muslim girls while quoting the Bible at them?  She then goes on to say if there is a backlash, the abuse will only get worse?  Seriously? Then she further nonsensically suggest Sweden's example be followed in "educating" this sk-um as to religious indoctrination?  Seriously?  Sweden?  The country that used to be totally peaceful and is now full of no-go zones where the police and fire fighters don't dare to enter and where cars are routinely set on fire and bombs go off?  The country where it is forbidden to criticize Islam without getting fired?  The country where it is forbidden to say how many of the rapists are non--Europeans?  The rape capital of Europe? Seriously?
Stonky
35 minutes ago
"Does anyone seriously believe this article was written by an "abuse survivor"? "

It will have been written by an Indy journalist who probably spoke to an abuse survivor and did include some of her views in the article. The journalist has then shoehorned a set of "approved progressive opinions" in, to make sure nobody who reads it is drawn into any kind of wrongthought.
infinitemoralhazard
9 minutes ago
Yes, it is a straw women story to stop the masses from rising up and butchering the Muslims. There is a constant stream of 'not all Muslims are terrorists' stories everywhere every day. In case you forget, like.
Personally, I think the Christan fundamentalist nutjobs across the pond are far more dangerous. They, after all, voted for Donald Trump, an unhinged megalomaniac with access to an arsenal of nuclear weapons.
If you ever had a Government with some spine, the remaining grooming gangs could be taken out in one night by the SAS. Grooming gangs are really not a problem unless you have a pathetically weak leadership, which in case you hadn't noticed you do, which is why you have grooming gangs.
Philoctetes
8 hours ago
So much for stereotypes. This women would have been compartmentalised as an uneducated, underprivilage casualty from a sink estate - a problem.
Clearly she is nothing of the sort. An intelligent, articulate and civilized woman that has retained her humanity in spite of the efforts of unspeakable toerags to take it from her.
As religion continues to poison everything it is uplifting to see what used to be referred to (erroneously/exclusively) as "Christian values" being demonstrably proved to be humane, humanist values, the product of a civilizing enlightenment being utilized by one horribly abused to argue for tolerance and understanding
Paul1234
3 hours ago
" Clearly she is nothing of the sort."
Exactly. I doubt if she is an abuse survivor.
gardiner
10 hours ago
We are a VILE SPECIES. Nature has NEVER produced anything so vile.
Even if one doubts this story, it IS representative of far too many Countries on Earth.
Where's that asteroid!
investigateeverythin­g
9 hours ago
You sound so hopeless.
If you are genuine, try reading the Gospel of John, available online. You will find hope in there.
Robbo11111
8 hours ago
No.  Humans do vile acts. Nature never produced us, we are part of nature.  It's in our nature to suffer, we all do but just because we suffer we don't suggest that the entire world should die.
Firefly007
6 hours ago
I actually do agree. We are a vile species, not only in terms of what we do to each other, but what we do to other species and the planet.
investigateeverythin­g
10 hours ago
I notice this article starts of reporting, not extremism, but the following of the teachings in the Islamic Holy books - to rape non-Muslim women.
However, it wasn't long till the focus was taken off the perpetrators and turned on the Christians.
Can anyone draw to my attention any Christian gangs seeking out rape victims? No there are none, so why has this article been turned around to attack Christians?
I am sure the people who were raped had dreadful experiences BUT there are a number of false statements in what the young lady says.
The Bible is quoted out of context.
The Islamic Holy Books, The Koran and the Hadiths call for the rape of non-Muslims.
What these Muslim men are doing is what Mohammed taught them to do.
The God of Islam is Not the same God the Christians have.
People need to find out the difference instead to tarring both Muslims and Christians with the same brush
This comment is awaiting moderation
Izzyme
8 hours ago
You're seriously comparing that to Telford and Rotherham?  Do you live under a rock?
This comment is awaiting moderation
indycomment
6 hours ago
But of course to you muslims, you prove to allways be doing warfare lying, jihad with the tongue.

You are aware that muhamad was both a rapist and of his teachings to rape and because muhamad did it and taught it you see nothing wrong with it.  You are aware that 97% of refs to jihad is of violance, just as you are aware muhamad said he was made victorious with terror.

Just as more and more non muslims are finding out that muslims actually think that lying to disguise the evil in islams mainstream books, quran and hadith is a holy good work that you believe add up to help you get to what you have beed told is heaven
rosemary
10 hours ago
I respect this writers point of view,but really if girls are at risk anywhere we dont have time for some vague "anti-extremist" education that may or may not take place,or be effective.Third world religion is being continually imported by the process of family and marriage-based immigration. Stop that and you may help stop the problem. Meanwhile our schoolgirls must be told categorically by their parents or carers not to talk to these Asian men,not even the boys in their school,who have been known to introduce girls to older men,and tell them why,stressing that their culture is entirely different.
This comment is awaiting moderation
rosemary
10 hours ago
A person who has sex with an underage girl isnt a paedophile,unless that girl is pre-adolescent.This would create more problems than it would solve. We just need to apply the law as it stands and prevent white girls associating with Asians.
This comment is awaiting moderation
This comment is awaiting moderation
rosemary
10 hours ago
Yes,anti-Semitic verses in the Bible? Does this writer know that the Bible is a Jewish document from start to finish?
Brett___Kelly
10 hours ago

Despite appearances this comment is on topic. The concept of journalism and communication of events is irrevocably changing. A newspaper like the Indy has meetings every day to discuss what they will publish, what will tell us. This has been the way things have been done for 150 years. They print and we read. But look is what is happening on Twitter. Top search in UK today is #speakerscorner. Nothing of interest there for the Indy, BBC, Sky, etc.

But for a large section of the public this is a major story and it has been developing all week. I wonder how long the Mass Media think we will consider their version of the news unassailable?

unbanning_myself_aga­in
10 hours ago
I'm surprised comments are allowed on this article.

John B Ellis
5 hours ago
Not a problem, since they delete any comments that make them feel uneasy.
This comment is awaiting moderation
rosemary
10 hours ago
They are not being thrown out.
Dave
11 hours ago
Thank you for  have the courage to come forward and actually explain what was going on and keeping a neutral religious viewpoint.

I am sorry that you had to ensure such vile treatment and hope that you can get over it.
Vati
11 hours ago
And still no judicial inquiry into the actuation of South Yorkshire Police.  It is incredible that a police force which fails to act during sixteen years can get away with it by simply saying they didn't want to be labelled as racist. I, for one, believe there was much more to it...
Brett___Kelly
12 hours ago
Indy has now turned comments off for Eleanor Busby's article. How the owners of the mass media must pine for the old days, when they had total control of the narrative and could fob off dissenters with a couple of columns in the letters page...
Filed under: ,
Why Muslims Kill For Islam

My new book (co-authored with Tommy Robinson) was published at the end of July 2017.  The book went straight to No.1 on Amazon, and stayed there for 4 days (that is, until the entire print-run of 5000 copies ran out).

`The Koran, Decoded

The book is now back in stock and you can buy the book here: http://www.mohammeds-koran.com/store

Or you can read the 100s of five-star reviews the book received in its first few months on sale.

Contact Peter McLoughlin

Email pmclauth a t gmail . com

Considering that Twitter and Facebook have banned me, YouTube has removed entire channels, and Google deliberately promotes Islam in discussions of Islam and terrorism, it's only right to do my social networking on a site that really seems to stand by the concept of freedom of speech. Share funny or shocking content with me at http://petermcloughlin.tumblr.com . You can also find me at http://gab.ai/pmcl .